Missionary dating sites Uncensored teenchat russia
The farm Birbury lies several kilometres east of Bathurst, on the road to Trappes Valley. The Cambridge Preparatory School, one of the earliest educational institutions still extant in East London, was the first school to be erected in the municipality of Cambridge. In the 1870s the British Army vacated the premises. The Officers' Quarters, Fort Beaufort, were built in 1849. The village of Seymour, also on the Kat River, lies barely 11 km east of Balfour and not far from Fort Armstrong. The site has spiritual, cultural, social, and historical significance.
Where the road descends a steep hill near the farm, another gravel road branches to the left amongst the bushes. Current use: University Administration and Lecture. The school still serves the same function and remains in good condition. Selwyn and built, in 1836 to protect the Winterberg District. This U-shaped hospital building, which was erected shortly before the Seventh Frontier War (1846-1847), was designed by Captain J. Together with the neighbouring Martello tower, the officers' Quarters form a unique historical and architectural group which is extremely worthy of preservation. Fort Beaufort is situated in a bend of the Kat River and owes its origin to the establishment of a military post there in 1822 by Colonel Scott, mainly for the purpose of countering continual raids by Makomo. It too owes its origin to a military post, namely Eland’s Post. At first irrigation-furrows leading from the Klein River were dug to irrigate the fields in the immediate vicinity of Hankey, but William Philip had a far more ambitious plan in mind. The old irrigation tunnel and the water furrow are a notable engineering work of the pioneer farmers under the guidance of the Rev. The treatment of Sarah Baartman during her life and after her death speaks of suffering, dispossession, sadness and loss of dignity, culture, community, language and life. Type of site: Church Current use: Church : Dutch Reformed.
Here an outcrop of gravelly limestone which forms th Approx 300m from Birbury farm. On the western side of the road there is a survey beacon. The farm on which this fort is situated originally belonged to the Voortrekker leader Piet Retief and sections of the old walls of the Retief home are included. The historic Officers' Mess dates from about 1830 and is one of the oldest existing buildings in Fort Beaufort. E., and completed towards the end of 1843 or early in 1844. The Cape St Francis lighthouse, which is an 80 feet high cylindrical masonry structure which stands on a rock foundation, is one of the highest lighthouses in South Africa and is from a navigational point of view very important to shipping. The Dutch Reformed Church in Indwe is one of the last large sandstone churches to be erected in the North Eastern Cape.
Just to the right of the beacon there is a fenced right-of-way to the site. Type of site: Library Current use: Offices and conference room. It is closely linked with the history of the town as well as with the military history of the Eastern Cape. This bridge carries the Queen's Road, at that time an important military road, across the Kat River, It was designed by Major C. It holds a very prominent position within the town itself.
It is T-shaped and, together with the other neighbouring church, which was erected in 1874 in the neo-Gothic style, it forms an important architectural group. The sturdy stone church at Glen-Lynden was built as a result of co-operation between the Scottish 1820 Settlers and their Dutch-Afrikaner neighbours to meet their need for a church of their own. This neo-Gothic church was erected in 1853 by the Revd. This property was probably granted to the Church Council of the local D. Church early in the 19th century, although the building of the parsonage and cart shed was only commenced in 1848. Impressive neo-classical church based on Sir Christopher Wren's design for St Martin in the Field, Trafalgar Square, London. Impressive pedimented stepped entrance supported by stone columns. Entry at corner marked by ornate tower with a copper dome.
It was built in 1828 under the leadership of Thomas Pringle Type of site: Church. Robert Barry Taylor, the then missionary in Cradock of the London Mission Society. The property is adjacent to Tam's Built It Builders Yard and across from retail trade i.e Ellerines Furniture Store, Ok Bazaars and the Inland Revenue Office. The parsonage, which was used as such until 1904, is mainly assoc Architectural style: Cape Dutch. This church building is situated on the same site where the first Dutch Reformed Church in Cradock was built between 18. Symmetrical single-storey ridged building extended to side, with central and end gables. Fenestration makes use of nine-pane casement windows, nine-pane middle-swing windows and stained glass windows.
This church was destroyed by fire during the Frontier War of 1835 and thereafter rebuilt. Moreover, each of these buildings can, in its own right, be described as unique. The building has several unusual features which make it of special architectural interest.The roof was of slate from North Wales, brought out to Port Elizabeth as ships’ ballast.This wool mill was built in 1821 by Samuel Bradshaw, an 1820 Settler. The east end has a facade broken by three lancet windows heavily rusticated and underlined by a plaster pediment. Towards 1844 about 300 families living between the Stormsbergspruit and the Kraai River were granted permission by the Dutch Reformed presbytery of Graaff-Reinet to establish a parish of their own. Oldest Presbyterian Church building used continuously for worship in the Eastern Cape. Architecturally, it is a high-roofed late-Victorian church building with neo—Gothic features.